Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Turkey Day

Gobble gobble goo and gobble gobble giggle.
I wish turkey only cost a nickle!

Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving! My Thanksgiving started, as it does every year, last night. I always go to my aunt's house on the eve of the big T-Day to cook. We slaved for a few hours making stuffing, two kinds of sweet potatoes, pie, chicken soup, etc while we talked about boys.

Then I left for my friend's apartment for a Hold 'em tournament. My enterance was pretty funny, because while most of the group was my usual crowd, there were a few new faces - and I always love the glares when they see a girl throw twenty on the table. Anyways, it had been awhile since I had a good game and I came in fifth out of thirteen. Eh.

When I drove back to my aunt's it was about 3,30am and I saw about thirty little snowflakes. I was hoping to wake up this morning to an inch of snow (as Mr. G had promised), but my wish was not granted. Oh well, maybe by Christmas.

At 7am we woke up to stuff and cook the turkey. Sammy (our yorkie who is both adorable and pure evil all at once) was not happy that we'd ignored him all night, but then we started feeding him turkey and he was all better :) Then every one came over - and by everyone I mean my mommy, daddy, brother and grandfather. We're a small crowd, but YEA grandpa was there. He was allowed to leave the rehab place for the day. He's doing very well for someone who just had two major surgeries. Next week he can go home for a few days before he starts chemo.

We ate, we played cards - my family is not as good as my regular group so I won thirty bucks (we do cash game, not tournament), we ate some more, then when got home around 10pm a got changed and went back to my other card game (lost miserably) and then came home to perform the final T-Day tradition - eat the leftovers. Sorry mommy, there's no more stuffing left...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home