Monday, May 12, 2008

Sometimes you wanna go

where everybody knows your name...

Ya know, I used to be SET when I turned the WB11 on television at 11 o'clock every night. Friends - Will & Grace - Frasier - Sex & the City - Everybody Loves Raymond - Cheers - everything was perfect. I would fall asleep in bed to the most entertaining shows...

Now, I'm lucky to get an hour and a half of good quality television at night. I've got the "CW11" on now and this just sucks. I got three shows surrounded by cartoons and George Lopez. And more George Lopez. I can't really just blame the channel for changing the shows or anything. Truth is, the shows just aren't around anymore.

When these shows got cancelled along with The Nanny and such, where were the replacements? The great comedies that started in the 90s are over and there are no new ones here to take there place. The only new shows on TV anymore are reality! Not that I don't love me a good episode of Top Chef of Model each week, but I wish I had to think just a little bit more - maybe get a little passionate about some people that I don't know. Here we are, thrilled about the SATC movie, and it's really because we MISS the characters that we could follow around and love. I can't love the idiots that come and go on a reality show for a season.

So, this clearly is the most retarded thing to write about in the world...but I'm awake cause I've got a paper to write (ONE WEEK TO GO!!!) and there is NO MORE television to keep me going. I've got friggen Poison Ivy with a trashy Drew Barrymore on. So very depressing lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home