Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm Burnin' for You

The limo picked us up at 8,30pm.

Ah. You know it's a good night when that's how it starts :)

I was invited to go see my friend's band play at B.B. King on Friday night by his cousin. I've known the entire family for a very long time and Richie has been interested in music for as long as I could remember. He lives across the street so I always hear when the band is playing at parties and such.

The band that he was playing in on Friday night was one that he'd joined about a year and a half ago. Since I was going with the family, the limo was an added bonus. I thought it was cute that they were so excited about Richie's show, but then I realized it must have been a pretty big deal if he got a show at a famous rock/r&b lounge.

Well it was a pretty big deal. The "new" band that Richie joined was actually an "old", fairly well-known group y'all may have heard of... Blue Oyster Cult. Ring a bell? Haha - yea, it was a pretty awesome night. I'd only known one or two of their songs before this weekend, but I like them.

And in case you were wondering, the limo ride home was just as great as the one in :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home