Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Summer Lovin'

Oh my gosh - it's 6am and I'm still awake. I am on the worst sleep cycle ever. I guess I can just function with little sleep and some starbucks. I have to leave for class at 7,30 so I'm thinking it's probably a bad idea to go to bed now. I'll never get up so here I am.

I just watched The Notebook. I've been in the mood to watch it for a few days now, so I took this opportunity to satisfy that craving. You just need a good cry once and awhile and that's what I did for the two hour span of the film. In the beginning of the movie, Noah and Allie go on their first date to see movie and it's just the sweetest thing and it got me thinking about my first "real" date.

I was in the seventh or eighth grade when Michael M (M&M we called him) asked me to be his girlfriend. I thought he was absolutely adorable, so I promptly accepted. That Friday night, the theatres were playing Grease for the anniversary and I was dying to see it on the big screen. M&M took me out to see it - what this really means is that me, M&M and two of my girlfriends went to see the show, but he paid for my ticket and popcorn. (I wasn't allowed to date, so my girlfriends had to come.)

A couple of minutes into the showing, M&M turned and kissed me on the cheek. My face tingled and a shiver ran through my entire body. A moment later I excused myself to the bathroom, where Gabby (the BFF) told me that M&M wanted to put his arm around me. When we sat back down, I sunk a little bit more in my seat to facilitate the next step. M&M did put his arm around me, I melted and the next time he leaned in for a peck on the cheek I turned to kiss him back.

It was awkward and I probably wasn't any good at it, but M&M and I did kiss that night. It all seems so silly now, especially since we "broke up" a week later. But at the time, it was the most amazing thing that had ever happened to me. Ahh...this used to be so much easier...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaawww! I remember those days! :-) Don't worry, darlin', you will get butterflies again when the time is right.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...Mike M? I think I know what the M stands for, but I'm not gonna guess here. Yea...I wish I had those butterflies again. It's been a while. So long in fact that I think I forgot how it feels.

So sad.

But don't worry. You'll find "The Guy" eventuall. It's all a matter of time.

I was thinking about it a few weeks ago. And I realized: I'm not even 21 yet, why the fuck am I worried?!

The same should go for you. You're not legal to drink yet (shhhhhh, what the local convenience store doesn't know won't kill 'em), so you definitely have the time to find him.

BTW - Speaking of 21...you're gonna be at my bash, right? I want a huge f'n party...but I need a good spot to do it at.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home