Monday, October 17, 2005

Haunted

It happens at least once a day and there's no doubt in my mind that it'll happen again tomorrow. My away message is on and when I return to the screen I see "Hey, just wanted to say hi". Who is it from - the ex (who we will call JJ - thanks Mark!). Don't get me wrong, JJ and I were madly in love for over two years, but it's been over since this past June. At least I thought it was. While I think that the healthiest break is a clean one, JJ feels the need to constantly try to reconnect.

It's not that I dislike JJ as a person and we broke up on kinda-sorta-mutual terms, but for some reason the constant prying into my daily life is unwelcome. Why do you always want to know what I did today? (And sometimes, more than once a day.) It's such a weird and confusing feeling - not quite anger, not quite annoyance, not quite guilt. It must be a combination of the three, but whatever it is I don't want to feel it. It feels like the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home