Monday, October 17, 2005

Where did all my money go?

It's really great knowing that if you live in Manhattan they'll always be something to do. Actually, living in the dorm here makes it pretty simple to do whatever you want to. For starters there's the fact that - duh - we don't live at home anymore and as much as they'd love to, the Res Hall cannot give you a curfew. (I don't know about anyone else, but when I go home my mom loves to reinstate one.) Anyway, it's great to know that if you want to go dancing or see a Broadway show or whatever, you can knock on a few doors and find someone to go with. Then, on the other hand, if you feel the need to stay in one night (cause, hey, it's Monday and we need to recover from the weekend), you can make some popcorn, curl up in front of your on TV, pop in a dvd and relax. If people want to stop by and join you, then they just have to make their own popcorn, because I probably won't be in the mood to share.

Plenty of nights I actually prefer this setting - I'm pretty obsessed with movies and I blame three years of working at Blockbuster for that. My choice of poison? There are not enough romantic comedies in creation to satisfy this heart over here. Of course I have my cravings for The Usual Suspects, Fight Club, etc but c'mon - I can watch The Sweetest Thing every day and never get tired of it. Anyway, sometimes we're simply forced to live evenings in front of the TV. Why? Because the negative to going out in NYC is that it's soo expensive. FYI I must have spent $120 this weekend. Yea, I'll watch a movie tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home