Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My life on half a tank of gas

Some people destress with candles. Others can do yoga. Me - if I need a release, I get in my car and just start driving. I was driving home from work this past Saturday and realized that I had enough gas to make it around the island comfortably. So, instead of driving directly back to my house, I got the expressway and drove around the island in a big circle. It was great.

I'm not particularly concerned about something sepcific, but I am super stressed out. I've just had soo much work to do these past few weeks and I know that's it not going to be over anytime soon. I just want to be able to do everything that I need/want to. And that's a lot. I've got class, I've got work, I've got residents, I've got research. Ack.

But my busy-work is pretty fun and rewarding. Tomorrow, after biochemistry and abnormal psychology exams, I'm going to a microscopy seminar and going to meet one of the professors of the Forensic Biology program over at John Jay. So, that's great. And then I'll continue some of my biochem research on Friday (rather early in the morning though) on fabulous heat shock proteins. THEN on Saturday is the Tara-Lives-on-Her-Own and Has-a-Fabulous-Apartment-in-Astoria Fiesta. I am super excited. It's so nice to hang out with my friends and party without worrying about if there's an asshole for an RA on duty. Unfortunately for him -eh-hem- i mean them, Astoria is outside of their jurisdiction.

PS, this commercial with the fat guy and the hottie girlfriend that he breaks up with is so funny.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love driving. Why didn't you influence me to get my license sooner?

BTW - What commercial is that? I've never seen it, but it sounds like it could loosely be based on me. Not that I broke up with Sherri or anything, but it sounds familiar.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

haha - the fat guy is in the car and his exgirlfriend, who is HOT is like, Baby, i'm sorry - i didn't know you didn't like that.... and he's like, no it's over. and then he gets smacked in the head with a Vonage box and is like, oh cool vonage. and then the vonage guy goes: Vonage, one good decision amung many stupid ones.


hahahahahahahha

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home